Liam Neeson Says He Will Soon Retire from Action Movies

"There's a couple more I'm going to do this year" the actor tells Entertainment Tonight, Liam Neeson's days as an action hero may soon be coming to an end. In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Neeson said that, after this year, he plans to stop filming action flicks.


"I'm 68 and a half — 69 this year," he told ET. "There's a couple more I'm going to do this year -- hopefully, COVID allowing us -- there's a couple in the pipeline and, then I think that will probably be it. Well, unless I'm on a Zimmer frame or something."


Neeson has been acting since the mid-1970s and has performed in a number of critically acclaimed roles.


In 2008, he started down an unexpected path to become a middle-aged action hero when he starred in Taken as a former government operative who must rescue his daughter after she's kidnapped in Paris.


"They're very much behind me, I think," he said. "I haven't caught them laughing when I've left the room."


Now that he may be easing back from these high-powered roles, comedy may be on the horizon for the actor.


"I've been approached by Seth McFarlane and Paramount Studios to maybe resurrect the Naked Gun films," he told People (the TV Show!).


He jokes, "It'll either finish my career or bring it in another direction. I honestly don't know."


Liam Neeson shares what he loved most about playing a dangerous grandpa


Liam Neeson’s latest role has him beating back bad guys as a grandfather. “Blacklight” is a political thriller, with Neeson playing a shadowy CIA fixer who extracts operatives when their covers are blown.


But when he's off work, he wants nothing more than to hang out with his granddaughter.


Entertainment reporter Kim Holcomb talked to the action star about the role.


"You are considerably younger than my dad, but he would still like to have a word with you because you are giving grandpas a lot to live up to in this movie."


NEESON: (laughing) "I must admit, I still loved doing all the action stuff, and I absolutely adored acting with this little Australian kid. I get great pleasure out of acting with kids, I've done it a few times. This is the first time, I think, I've been a grandfather — and still kind of managed to kick ass. At least, kick a few asses.”


HOLCOMB: "You also use your intellect a lot — your character has to have persuasion in his toolkit. What are your powers of persuasion like in real life? Could you convince me to eat a bell pepper?”


NEESON: “No. Not a bell pepper, even though bell peppers are nice. I would convince you to take more vitamin D. Okay. I'm a big, big believer in vitamin D, I've discovered, you can't overdose on it, so I would convince you to take vitamin D. And a lot of it."


HOLCOMB: "Of all the special skills that you exhibit in this film and in the other action films that you've done, which do you get to actually use in real life? Like, do you find yourself deftly weaving through traffic, or figuring out where all the exits are in a building?”


NEESON: “No, I don't, no. I'm very laid back. I'm very content to watch paint dry on a wall. That is a skill I'm actually good at."


“Blacklight” is rated PG-13 and is now playing in theaters.


Holcomb said the movie begins with promise but quickly turns into a run-of-the-mill action film. Neeson is still impressive as an unflappable secret agent, but nothing could save the movie from it's own weirdly abrupt ending.

Read More:

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=Utuxs.Calcinculo-stream-allcinema

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=Utuxs.troppo-cattivi-streamitalia

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=justalk.licorice-pizza-stream-cb01

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=justalk.guardaqui-nitram-streamit

LihatTutupKomentar

Streaming Film Today

auroraangelica

cinecittacinema

Cinecitta Movies Reviews

Cinecitta Streaming